Useful websites and tools to help you keep up to date with researching
Are you wanting to achieve the goal of home ownership but unsure of where to start looking to begin the home buying research process? Below is a list of commonly used websites for research and analysis of properties within South Australia as well as Australia, from property listing websites to calculators and the Government websites outlining each state and territories First Home Owner Grant this toolkit will get you started.
Click the links below to the relevant websites:
Property Listing Websites
- Realestate.com.au – Primary listing website for Residential property.
- Domain – Second largest residential listing website for property.
- Stampduty Calculators Australia – Stamp duty calculator covering all States and Territories
- Pay Calculator – Pay calculator, helps calculate your income tax, superannuation, HELP debt and Medicare
- Property Calculator – Group of simple calculators covering cash flow, cash on cash return, equity position, LVR, rental yields, return on investment etc.
- http://www.sqmresearch.com.au/ – Suburb/Postcode data on rental yields, vacancy rates, property listings, demographics
- http://house.ksou.cn/ – Sold price data across Australia
- http://profile.id.com.au/ – Statistics based on council areas, including demographics, incomes, employment statistics. Not all Councils are within the database but contains a large breadth of data
First Home Owner Grant Information for each state and territory
- South Australia
- New South Wales
- Australian Capital Territory
- Western Australia
- Northern Territory
If you have any questions/queries in particular that any of these websites do not answer, it will be best to have a chat with a broker and explain what it is you are looking to achieve. Your mortgage broker will be able to sit down and outline everything you need to know and also provide advice where possible to help you achieve home ownership.
If you would like clarification about any of the information contained in this article or the websites provided, don’t hesitate to contact us and one of our friendly staff will be in contact with you.
Need recommendations for a broker, conveyancer or other professional for your first home purchase? Click here and we can assist with making your home buying process easier – utilising our network of recommended professionals across Australia.